Sales Associate / Cashier
Skip’s Western Outfitters is a World Class Western Outfitter with the world’s largest indoor western
city. This position will continue to build on the success of the company by providing customers with a
unique, professional shopping experience year round, in store, over the phone, and online.
In this position you will:
- Model behavior as a Skip’s brand ambassador and boot evangelist
- Maintain deep product knowledge with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and properly fit customers in boots, hats, and clothing
- Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively using selling skills and educating customers.
- Ability to identify and maintain all products; display and price items properly and replacing any missing or mismarked products as necessary.
- Accurately process register transactions; handle money, credit cards, gift cards, tablet applications and checks
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and continuous virtuous teaching cycles.
- Restock and remerchandising of the store.
- Be on your feet for 8+ hours at a time
- Push, lift, pull, or carry up to 40 pounds (with or without reasonable accommodation).
- Receive and restock products from stockroom to ensure products are readily available for customers.
- Responsible for the physical safety of the merchandise and the store
- 1-3+ years of customer facing retail store experience
- Able to work flexible work hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to work as a team or individual under pressure with the general public
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in assisting customers in person and on the phone, completing trainings, tracking and recording sales, merchandising products and promotional materials, cleaning and maintaining presentation standards, keeping inventory looking fresh and receiving inventory
- Experience with solving customer issues and providing complete solutions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5+ years of western wear, boots, shoes, or high-end clothing retail experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Composed, poised, polished, and professional demeanor
- Experience with detail oriented work and communication
- Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and get the job done.
- Willingness to wear multiple ‘hats’ daily
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related area
Dress Code: Boots with western/Skip’s Western Outfitters attire!
How to apply for this position:
Come on in! Be prepared to present a resume or ask for the opportunity to fill out an application. Have a brief overview of your qualifications prepared as well.
Mon-Sat: 9:30am to 7:00pm